About the Club

Where I can nerd about film, books, and life. Lots of random insanity as well as actual discussion about what I love most - movies. Feel free to join in any discussion or drop me a line at mortenavida@gmail.com.

Wednesday, June 08, 2011

First Post

I had an idea after reading The Film Club by David Gilmour to start a film club.  Not sure how long this will last, or if it will even get off the ground, but I know that there will be at leas some fun times.

Honestly, I first wanted to start a "book a week" type blog, but I don't read that fast since my spare time is extremely short. So I'll talk about the book I'm reading when I've got spare time, but I'll mainly focus of watching, and sharing, films.

I'm a 23-year-old English major (with horrible spelling) who graduated in 2009.  I live in a small, two-bedroom condo with my two roommates and our ten animals.  Don't worry, six of those are birds.  My four-year-old daughter Kali is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi with more health issues than I care to admit.  My roommates each own a cat; Cadmus is a five-year-old runt Maincoon, and Morgan is a year-old large Tuxedo.  Chin rounds out our list of animals as a chew-obsessed teddy bear hamster.  I'm sure I'll talk about at least one of them at some point.

I currently hold two jobs in my quest for financial stability.  I've been at a smoothie stand in my local mall since October 2009.  It's where I get most of my reading done.  Three days of the week I drive the 30-60 minutes to Walt Disney World, put on my costume, and pretend the child screaming in front of me does not bother me.  There are very few nights when I come home, wondering why I enjoy working there so much.

My goal is not to become "popular" (though I won't say no).  I just want to talk with fellow people who enjoy being nerdy.  I rarely go out and see a movie opening weekend (two jobs does not mean I can afford a $14 movie ticket), but I do make several exceptions.

Can't wait to be nerdy.~

5 comments:

  1. "The girl with the Dragon Tattoo" a foreign horror movie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. True! I'd like to read the book before watching the movie, though. Unless you're talking about an old version that has nothing to do with the book! That happens more often than I want it to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The movie is supposed to be pretty close to the book from what I have heard. I just so happen to have an extra copy of the book, if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It just occurred to me this would be a perfect one to read the book and then watch the movie. Easy to compare and contrast that way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Might save that for later, then. After I've got a chance to read the book. :)

    Though that would be an awesome idea. Once a month, do a book/movie comparison.

    Another week do a remake comparison...

    ReplyDelete